Daffodil Hudson: Hello? Yeah, this is she. What? Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, of course I accept. What are the dates again? Pen. Pen. Pen. March 17 through 21. Okay, all right, great. Thanks.
妲馥蒂·哈德森:你好? 沒錯,就是我。 什麼? 噢,當然當然,我當然接受。 剛剛說哪個時間? 筆、筆、筆, 三月十七到二十一日。 好的,很好,太好了。謝謝。
Lab Partner: Who was that?
實驗室同事:誰的電話?
DH: It was TED.
哈德森:TED 打來的。
LP: Who's TED?
同事:誰是 TED?
DH: I've got to prepare.
哈德森:我得好好準備一下。
["Give Your Talk: A Musical"] (Music)
《來演講吧:音樂劇》 (音樂)
["My Talk"]
「我的講詞」
♪ Procrastination. ♪ What do you think?
♪ 拖~延~症 ~♪ 你怎麼想?
(Doorbell)
(門鈴響)
Can I help you?
我有什麼可以幫你們?
(Music)
(音樂)
Speaker Coach 1: ♪ Let's prepare for main stage. ♪ ♪ It's your time to shine. ♪ ♪ If you want to succeed then ♪ ♪ you must be primed. ♪
演講教練 A:♪我們一起來為大舞台準備吧。 ♪ ♪ 這是你耀眼之時刻, ♪ ♪ 要是你要馬到功成, ♪ ♪ 你就必須整裝待發。 ♪
Speaker Coach 2: ♪ Your slides are bad ♪ ♪ but your idea is good ♪ ♪ so you can bet before we're through, ♪ ♪ speaker, we'll make a TED Talk out of you. ♪
演講教練 B:♪ 你的幻燈片很糟糕, ♪ ♪ 但你的想法很吸引人, ♪ ♪ 所以你可以放心,在我們結束之前, ♪ ♪ 演講人,我們會幫你成就一齣 TED 演講。 ♪
Speaker Coach 3: ♪ We know about climate change, ♪ ♪ but what can you say that's new? ♪
演講教練 C:♪ 我們都知道什麼是氣候變化,♪ ♪ 但你可以怎樣說出新意?♪
♪ SC 1: Once you find your focus ♪ ♪ then the talk comes into view. ♪
演講教練 A:♪ 一旦你找到你的焦點,♪ ♪ 你的演講就自然水到渠成。♪
SC 2: ♪ Don't ever try to sell something ♪ ♪ from up on that stage ♪ ♪ or we won't post your talk online. ♪
演講教練 B:♪ 切勿試著在演講台上 ♪ ♪ 打廣告做銷售, ♪ ♪ 否則我們絕不會將你的演講擺上網。♪
All: ♪ Somehow we'll make a TED Talk out of you. ♪
全部:♪ 我們怎麼樣也會幫你 成就一齣 TED 演講。♪
(Music)
(音樂) (從紐約飛抵溫哥華)
SC 1: Ready to practice one more time?
演講教練 A:準備再排練一次?
DH: Right now?
哈德森:現在?
Stagehand: Break a leg.
後台工作人員:祝你成功。
DH: ♪ I'll never remember all this. ♪ ♪ Will the clicker work when I press it? ♪ ♪ Why must Al Gore go right before me? ♪ ♪ Oh man, I'm scared to death. ♪ ♪ I hope I don't pass out onstage ♪ ♪ and now I really wish I wasn't wearing green. ♪
哈德森: ♪ 我怎樣記不住全部東西。 ♪ ♪ 這個遙控器我按下去 真的能遙控嗎?♪ ♪ 為什麼艾爾•戈爾會快我一步?♪ (注:艾爾·戈爾,前美國副總統, 對全球氣候變化貢獻良多,深受國際肯定。) ♪ 老天爺啊,我好驚啊。♪ ♪ 希望我在台上不要暈過去。♪ ♪ 但願我今日穿的衣服不是綠色。♪
All: ♪ Give your talk. ♪
全部:♪ 來演講吧。♪
SC 1: ♪ You must be be sweet like Brené Brown. ♪
演講教練 A:♪ 你必須像 布韓妮•布朗那樣甜美動人。♪ (注:布韓妮•布朗,美國人性學者 及公共演講人,曾於 TED演講。)
All: ♪ Give your talk. ♪
全部:♪ 來演講吧。 ♪
SC 2: ♪ You must be funny like Ken Robinson. ♪
演講教練 B:♪ 你必須像 肯•羅賓森那樣風趣幽默。♪ (注:肯•羅賓森,英國作家、演講人、 教育家,曾於 TED 演講。)
All: ♪ Give your talk. ♪
全部:♪ 來演講吧。 ♪
SC 3: ♪ You must be cool like Reggie Watts ♪
演講教練 C:♪ 你必須像偉基•沃特 那樣有形有款。♪ (注:偉基•沃特,美國喜劇演員 及音樂家,曾於 TED 演講。)
All: ♪ and bring out a prop like Jill Bolte Taylor. ♪
全部:♪ 你必須像偉吉爾•鮑特•泰勒 那樣出人意表。♪ (注:美國神經解剖學家,曾於 TED 演講, 演講時出人意表地展示了一個真實的人腦。)
DH: ♪ My time is running over. The clock now says nil. ♪ ♪ I'm saying my words faster. Understand me still. ♪ ♪ I'm too nervous to give this TED Talk. ♪
哈德森:♪ 我沒有多少時間了, 時鐘都顯示為零了。♪ ♪ 我說的話越來越快。但願還是能理解我。♪ ♪ 我太緊張了,根本就做不了 TED 演講。♪
All: ♪ Don't give up. Rehearse. You're good. ♪ ♪ We'll edit out the mistakes that you make. ♪ ♪ Give your talk. ♪
全部:♪ 千萬不要放棄。排練吧。你是最棒的。♪ ♪ 我們會把你演講中的錯誤剪掉。♪ ♪ 來演講吧。♪
DH: ♪ I will be big like Amy Cuddy. ♪
哈德森:♪ 我會像艾美•科迪那樣有份量。♪ (注:艾美•科迪,美國社會心理學家, 曾於 TED 演講。)
All: ♪ Give your talk. ♪
全部:♪ 來演講吧。♪
DH: ♪ I will inspire like Liz Gilbert. ♪
哈德森:♪ 我會像伊莉莎白•吉爾伯特 那樣發人深省。♪ (注:伊莉莎白•吉爾伯特, 美國作家,曾於 TED 演講。)
All: ♪ Give your talk. ♪
全部:♪ 來演講吧。♪
DH: ♪ I will engage like Hans Rosling ♪ ♪ and release mosquitos ♪ ♪ like Bill Gates. ♪
哈德森:♪ 我會像漢斯•羅斯林那樣全程投入。♪ (注:漢斯•羅斯林,瑞典醫生、統計學家 及演講人,曾於 TED 演講。) ♪ 並且像比爾•蓋茨那樣 ♪ ♪ 放——蚊——子。♪ (注:比爾•蓋茨曾在科技精英會議上釋放蚊子,指出「不應只是窮人才會得瘧疾。」)
SC 2: ♪ I'll make a TED Talk out of you. ♪ ♪ I'll make a TED Talk out of you. ♪ ♪ I'll make a TED Talk out of you. ♪ ♪ I'll make a TED Talk out of you. ♪ ♪ I'll make a TED Talk out of you. ♪
演講教練 B:♪ 我們會幫你 成就一齣 TED 演講。♪ ♪ 我會幫你成就一齣 TED 演講。♪ ♪ 我會幫你成就一齣 TED 演講。♪ ♪ 我會幫你成就一齣 TED 演講。♪ ♪ 我會幫你成就一齣 TED 演講。♪
(Applause)
(掌聲)
["Brought to you by TED staff and friends"]
「本音樂劇由 TED 的員工 與朋友攜手向您呈現」
(Music)
(音樂)