(Music: "East Virginia")
(音樂:《東維吉尼亞》)
(Banjo)
(班卓琴彈奏)
(Singing) I'm from old East Virginia.
(唱歌)我來自 老維吉尼亞的東部。
North Carolina
北卡羅萊納,
I did go.
我確實去了。
I met a fair, young maiden.
我遇見 一位美好、年輕的少女。
Her name I did not know.
她的名字……我不知道。
(Banjo)
(班卓琴彈奏)
Don't that road look rough and rocky?
那條路不是 看來起不平坦且有很多石頭嗎?
Don't that sea look wide and deep?
那片海不是看起來 寬闊且深不見底嗎?
Don't my darlin' look the sweetest ...
我心愛的人不是 看起來 最甜美嗎……
When she's in my arms asleep?
當她在我的擁抱中入睡?
(Banjo)
(班卓琴彈奏)
Her hair was a dark-brown curly.
她的頭髮 是深褐色的捲髮。
Her cheeks were chestnut red.
她的臉頰是栗子紅的。
On her breast she wore a white lilly.
在她的胸口, 戴著一朵白色百合。
Through the night, the tears she shed.
整個晚上,她都在流淚。
(Banjo)
(班卓琴彈奏)
Captain, Captain, I am dyin'.
上尉, 上尉,我就要死了。
Won't you take these words for me?
你可以為我帶話嗎?
Take them back to old East Virginia.
把我的話 帶回老維吉尼亞的東部。
Tell my darlin' she is free.
告訴我心愛的人,她自由了。
(Banjo)
(班卓琴彈奏)
(Music ends)
(音樂結束)
(Applause and cheers)
(掌聲與歡呼)
That was a song called "East Virginia" I learned from a man named Clifton Hicks who lives down in Georgia. The next song ... I have for you is called "John Brown's Dream." It's an old dance tune. And you may notice that the banjo that I'm holding looks a little different than banjos you might be used to seeing or the one I just played, for example. And this banjo is sort of an earlier model. Banjos kind of evolved like a human has. And I like to say that the sound that comes out of this banjo is a sound that was just a little closer to the source, which is Africa, and some people forget that, so, yeah ...
這首歌曲叫做《東維吉尼亞》, 是一位名字叫做 克里夫頓希克斯教我的, 他住在喬治亞州。 下一首…… 我為大家準備的歌, 叫做《約翰布朗的夢》。 它是一首古老的舞曲。 你們可能有注意到, 我手上的班卓琴看起來有點不同, 不像你們平常看到的班卓琴, 也不像比如我剛才彈奏的那一把。 這把班卓琴算是比較早的型號。 班卓琴和人類一樣會演化。 我想說的是,這把班卓琴 所彈奏出的聲音 是比較接近源頭的聲音, 源頭是非洲, 有些人忘了這一點, 所以,好……
(Banjo tuning)
(班卓琴調音)
(Music: "John Brown's Dream")
(音樂:《約翰布朗的夢》)
(Banjo)
(班卓琴彈奏)
(Banjo continues)
(班卓琴繼續彈奏)
(Singing) John Brown's dream,
(唱歌)約翰.布朗的夢,
John Brown's dream the devil was dead.
約翰.布朗的夢,魔鬼已經死亡。
I'm gonna get that, get that, get that,
我要抓到那,抓到那,抓到那,
I'm gonna get that pretty little girl.
我要抓到那個美麗的小女孩。
(Banjo)
(班卓琴彈奏)
John Brown's dream,
約翰布朗的夢,
John Brown's dream the devil was dead.
約翰布朗的夢,魔鬼已經死亡。
(Banjo)
(班卓琴)
Come on, Liza, Liza, Liza.
來吧,萊札,萊札,萊札。
Come on, Liza we'll be pickin' it again.
來吧,萊札,我們會再次挑選它。
I'm gonna get that, get that, get that,
我要抓到那,抓到那,抓到那,
I'm gonna get that pretty little girl.
我要抓到那美麗的小女孩。
(Banjo)
(班卓琴)
(Music ends)
(音樂結束)
(Applause and cheers)
(掌聲與歡呼)
Thank you very much.
非常謝謝。