(Music: "East Virginia")
(音乐:“东弗吉尼亚”)
(Banjo)
(班卓琴)
(Singing) I'm from old East Virginia.
(唱)我来自 古老的东弗吉尼亚
North Carolina
北卡罗莱纳
I did go.
我也曾到达
I met a fair, young maiden.
我遇见了 一位年轻优雅的少女
Her name I did not know.
我不知道她的芳名
(Banjo)
(班卓琴)
Don't that road look rough and rocky?
看那路啊 是不是蜿蜒崎岖 碎石遍布
Don't that sea look wide and deep?
看那海啊 是不是广阔无边 深邃湛蓝
Don't my darlin' look the sweetest ...
看我亲爱的 是不是 甜美可人……
When she's in my arms asleep?
当她在我怀里熟睡
(Banjo)
(班卓琴)
Her hair was a dark-brown curly.
她那一头 深棕色的卷发
Her cheeks were chestnut red.
她的脸颊是栗红色
On her breast she wore a white lilly.
在她的胸口 挂着一束百合
Through the night, the tears she shed.
夜深人静 她悄然落泪
(Banjo)
(班卓琴)
Captain, Captain, I am dyin'.
船长 船长我快不行了
Won't you take these words for me?
你会帮我传递这些遗言吧
Take them back to old East Virginia.
把这些话 带回古老的东弗吉尼亚
Tell my darlin' she is free.
告诉我亲爱的 她自由了
(Banjo)
(班卓琴)
(Music ends)
(音乐停)
(Applause and cheers)
(掌声与欢呼)
That was a song called "East Virginia" I learned from a man named Clifton Hicks who lives down in Georgia. The next song ... I have for you is called "John Brown's Dream." It's an old dance tune. And you may notice that the banjo that I'm holding looks a little different than banjos you might be used to seeing or the one I just played, for example. And this banjo is sort of an earlier model. Banjos kind of evolved like a human has. And I like to say that the sound that comes out of this banjo is a sound that was just a little closer to the source, which is Africa, and some people forget that, so, yeah ...
刚那首歌叫“东弗吉尼亚”。 我从一个叫克利夫顿·希克斯的 男人那里学会的。 他住在乔治亚州。 下一首给你们的歌 叫做“约翰·布朗的梦想”。 这是一首古老的舞曲。 可能你们留意到了 我抱着的班卓琴 与你们见过的,或者刚刚我弹的 有点不同。 这个班卓琴是一个比较早期的版本。 班卓琴,就像一个人,也在不停改进。 我想说,这把琴的声音 与起源地更接近, 更接近非洲的感觉。 有些人已经不记得了。 那么开始吧…
(Banjo tuning)
(班卓琴声音)
(Music: "John Brown's Dream")
(音乐:“约翰·布朗的梦想”)
(Banjo)
(班卓琴)
(Banjo continues)
(班卓琴继续)
(Singing) John Brown's dream,
(唱)约翰·布朗的梦想
John Brown's dream the devil was dead.
约翰·布朗的梦想是恶魔死了
I'm gonna get that, get that, get that,
我想要实现 实现 实现这个梦想
I'm gonna get that pretty little girl.
我想要得到那个可爱的小姑娘
(Banjo)
(班卓琴)
John Brown's dream,
约翰·布朗的梦想
John Brown's dream the devil was dead.
约翰·布朗的梦想是恶魔死了
(Banjo)
我想要得到那个可爱的小姑娘
Come on, Liza, Liza, Liza.
来吧 丽萨 丽萨 丽萨
Come on, Liza we'll be pickin' it again.
来吧 丽萨 我们会捡起它
I'm gonna get that, get that, get that,
我想要实现 实现 实现这个梦想
I'm gonna get that pretty little girl.
我想要得到那个可爱的小姑娘
(Banjo)
(班卓琴)
(Music ends)
(音乐停)
(Applause and cheers)
(掌声和欢呼)
Thank you very much.
谢谢你们。